Say No to Dandruff with These 4 Effective Home Remedies
These flaky monsters are a scare for most women. Dandruff is an unwelcome sight on your scalp and causes much embarrassment. Not only do you find it scattered around on your scalp, but sometimes you find them on your clothes as well.
Scientifically dandruff is known as seborrheic dermatitis, and is a common skin condition. What causes dandruff? This condition usually happens due to dry/oily skin, bacteria/fungus scalp infection, and due to other skin conditions. Though this can be an embarrassing condition, you can easily find remedies for dandruff. There are many home remedies for dandruff which can easily treat this scalp condition. Using natural ingredients and home remedies for treating dandruff may be paced a little slower, but these home remedies for dandruff are very effective. Listed below are some of the homemade remedies for treating dandruff:
- Coconut Oil & Lemon Massage : The anti-bacterial properties of lemon make it an excellent antidote to fight off dandruff. While lemon is able to ward off the bacteria, Coconut oil helps to keep your scalp nourished and hydrated. This is the easiest remedy to fight off dandruff. Take 2 tbsp. of coconut oil and heat it, and add few drops of lemon to it. Use the mixture to gently massage your scalp. Leave it on for about 20 minutes before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
- Baking Soda : This ingredient has mild exfoliating properties which makes it able to absorb excess oil and remove dead cells. In addition to this, baking soda is able to maintain the pH balance of your scalp and fight fungal growth. In this remedy, after you have wet your hair, scrub a handful of baking soda on to your scalp. After a few minutes, wash it off using warm water. It is recommended to not use a shampoo once you’re done. Repeat this at least once a week.
- Fenugreek Seeds : Known for its anti-fungal and soothing properties, fenugreek seeds are effective in fighting off dandruff. Due its herbal properties, it helps to fight dandruff extensively. For this remedy, soak 2-3 tbsp. of fenugreek seeds overnight. In the morning grind them till it turns into a fine paste. If you want you can add a few tsp. of curd to it. Apply the paste to your scalp for a few hours. Wash off the paste using your shampoo. For effective results it is recommended to repeat this remedy at least twice a week.
- Tea Tree Oil : Rich with anti-fungal properties, tea tree oil is an excellent antidote to guard your scalp against dandruff. You can either add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo while washing your hair. You can also dilute the oil with few drops of coconut or olive oil and massage it onto your scalp and leave it overnight. Repeat this remedy at least twice a week for optimal results.
To speed up the process, you can pair these home remedies with few of Kaya’s anti-dandruff hair products. This will help you to get maximum and effective results within a short period of time. These products will help to deal with the root cause of dandruff and will be recommended to you according to your needs by professional dermatologists. Listed below are some of Kaya’s antidandruff hair products:
- Kaya Anti Dandruff Shampoo: This shampoo has been designed to be gentle and mild. It is also viable for daily use purposes. This shampoo will gently nourish your scalp while treating the dandruff.
- Kaya Anti Dandruff Lotion with OT Complex: This lotion with its blend of actives can be used to effectively soothe the itching and control the dandruff.