How to reduce & prevent hair fall
What Causes Hair Fall? The common reasons behind hair fall are mentioned below:
- Deficiency of vital nutrients in the body
- Hair colouring and hair styling treatments
- Unhealthy dietary habits
- Hormonal imbalance
- Dandruff, alopecia and other scalp disorders
- Stress and tension
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair as it will prevent breakage and hair fall while combing. Avoid combing your hair while it is wet as it can create unnecessary hair breakage. Prefer combing your hair when it is partially dried.
- Avoid rubbing your hair rigorously with a towel as it will lead to hair breakage. Gently soak the excess moisture by patting your hair with the towel.
- Dirty combs always lead to scalp infections which can cause hair fall. Always use a clean brush or comb for your hair. Clean your brush or comb every week with a mild soap and water.
- Use shampoos that are paraben-free and do not have silicone or sulphate, as they damage the hair by making it brittle. Use mild shampoos such as Kaya’s Nourishing Shampoo that is enriched with Hibiscus extracts to add lustre to your hair. Almond oil strengthens it from within, reducing hair breakage. Regular use leaves your hair soft and shiny. To know more: http://shop.kayaclinic.com/shop-online/nourishing-shampoo.
- It is advisable to wash your hair every 2 to 3 days, else your scalp will accumulate oil and dirt causing growth of bacteria. Unclean scalp can lead to hair fall and scalp infections.
- Use of excessive hot hair tools and having frequent hair treatments can damage and break your hair. Avoid blow drying and ironing or straightening your hair frequently.
- Avoid styling your hair in tight braids, buns or ponytails. It pulls your hair from the roots causing breakage, weakening of hair follicles leading to hair fall.
- It is essential to have a healthy diet to prevent hair fall. Have a balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, pulses, meat and fish. Have foods that are rich in iron and zinc, B complex, vitamin C, vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids. These nutrients moisturize your hair, prevent split ends and stop hair fall. Drink plenty of water, juices and avoid aerated water.
- Exercise on daily basis as it improves blood circulation. You can also opt for yoga as it relaxes your body and improves blood circulation. Having adequate sleep is also important as it keeps stress away.