How to Distinguish Between Different Types of Acne
There is no worse feeling than waking up one morning and dealing with an inexplicable bout of acne. There are no warning signs, no schedule - it comes as it pleases, an uninvited guest! Now you seem to have a lot more to worry about than your already packed day. You have to cover it up, deal with the pain and see which loud outfit can take the attention away from your face. We believe that you are more equipped to deal with it if you can understand your acne. So, let’s start at the basics.
What Is Acne?
Acne is the condition when your hair follicle gets plugged with dead skin cells, bacteria and oil. It can erupt as blackheads, whiteheads or the most dreaded - pimples. The most common places of a breakout are the face, shoulders, chest and the back. Usually, people going through puberty are more prone to acne, but it does make the occasional visit to adults.
What Causes Acne?
There are many reasons why you may suddenly be experiencing a breakout on your face. Acne can be caused due to excess oil production, medication reaction, use of various cosmetics, or it can be hereditary.
Types Of Acne
- Blackheads - Blackheads are the result of clogged pores. One side of the pore is open and the other is blocked, leading to the appearance of black spots on the skin. It is usually caused when the pores are clogged by oil and dead skin cells.
- Whiteheads - Similar to blackheads, they are clogged pores due to oil and skin cells. However, whiteheads have a layer of skin covering the pore, leading to white or skin colored bumps. Whiteheads and blackheads can be categorized as a mild form of acne. An effective skincare routine can often help bring them under control.
- Papules - Acne papules are more inflamed compared to blackheads and whiteheads. These are red bumps on your skin caused when the walls of the follicles are ruptured, allowing bacterial penetration deep into your skin.
- Pustules - Acne Pustules are one dreaded step up from the papules. It occurs when the papules get infected. These are pimples with a pus-filled head. These are more painful and are harder to cover up with makeup.
- Nodules - These are the painful version of papules, where they start deep within the skin. While papules and pustules are on the skin, nodules have their roots much deeper. They are harder to the feel and more painful to touch.
- Cysts - The pus-filled cousin of nodules can be categorized as severe acne. They are softer to touch because of the pus but are equally painful. They are formed the same as Nodules but they are filled with pus and blood, leading to scarring.
How To Treat Acne?
The expert dermatologists at Kaya recommend a skin care regime that includes the Kaya Advanced Acne Care products to treat acne effectively. Kaya’s products are made with formula researched and developed by dermatologists.The four step regime includes Kaya Purifying Cleanser that gently cleanses your pores, and removes excess oil, dirt and impurities. Using it twice a day will ensure best results and will help to keep your skin hydrated.
The next product is Kaya Purifying Toner, created with Mandelic Acid that gently exfoliates the skin, helps unclog pores and restores the skin’s pH balance. This toner is made with a non-alcoholic formula, and skin soothing agents that helps to control excess sebum which leaves the skin refreshed. The third step to this skin care routine is the Kaya Purifying Nourisher, enriched with Aloe Vera, Almond oil and Rose extract that soothes and hydrates your skin making it soft and supple.
Well, the last product on our list is the Kaya Purifying Sport Corrector - It helps to dry the acne and clear the acne marks for uneven skin tone. This fast-acting spot corrector for active acne, comes with an easy applicator and it is created with formula researched and developed by dermatologists.
Moderate to severe acne often requires a formula researched and developed by dermatologists, who excel in a holistic approach rather than temporary medication. Kaya ‘s Rapid 360° Acne Clear Service is holistic approach to treating and clearing acne. Our expert dermatologists begin with a thorough skin and health analysis to find out the cause of your acne. After the analysis the dermatologist will customize a unique service which will be a combination of peels, services and medication to treat and control your acne. This personalized service will be based on severity level of your acne type.
Those who suffer from breakouts can benefit significantly from products that are made to soothe acne-prone skin. Frequent cleansing of the pores and a moisturizer that can soothe the skin can help prevent further breakouts.
Persistent acne that cannot be controlled through skincare routines needs to be checked by a licensed dermatologist. Rather than asking for medication meant for acne suppression, ask them to take a more holistic view. Take a look at your diet, hormonal changes, stress levels and so on. The answer to your breakouts can very well be in your control. Sometimes, all it takes is some self-love, patience and a sympathetic ear. You will be able to find your answers at Kaya with the help of dermat expertise.