In this day and age there are different methods available for upper lip hair removal. Most salons provide a variety of services that can help to remove upper lip hair. Some of the most popular services which you can avail at the
Upper Lip Threading :
:This method is very common for removing facial hair. It can be used to remove upper lip hair as well. This method may cause slight discomfort. This method too is more viable for if you have light upper hair.
- It is inexpensive.
- The result lasts for 6 – 8 weeks.
- Hair grows back finer than before.
Upper Lip Waxing :
- It can be very painful.
- Prior appointment maybe required if being done at a salon.
:This method, though painful is widely used by most women because it is quick and easy. Two types of waxing are provided at salons, warm and hot. Once your skin has been cleansed and dried with the use of a spatula the warm or heated wax is applied. After the wax has been applied a linen or paper strip is pressed over the waxed area and pulled in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- It is a quick method for removing unwanted hair.
- Hair grows back finer than before.
Hair Removal Cream :
- Hair has to grow 1 cm before it can be rewaxed.
- It can be painful and cause your skin to be tender the whole day.
:This is a painless method to remove upper lip hair. It has an advantage over shaving since it removes hair from just below the skin’s surface. Before applying the cream make sure to do a skin test.
- It is convenient and provides quick results.
- It is inexpensive and causes no pain.
Upper lip Shaving :
- The results are relatively short lived.
- It is necessary to carry out a skin test before use.
:This is the most simplest and pain free for upper lip hair removal. Shaving is a quick and easy to do method which can be done at home.
- It is a relatively inexpensive method.
- It is easy and convenient as it can be done at home.
- The results are short lasting as it needs to be repeated daily.
- There is risk of ingrown hair.
How to Remove Upper lip Hair at Home
Though upper lip hair removal can be done at the salon, there are other remedies you can try at home. Upper lip hair is a woe common to all women and can be easily tackled using home remedies. These remedies with a little effort and patience can be just as effective as going to the salon. Read on below for the home remedies: Milk and Turmeric :
:One of the most common
methods for upper lip hair removal is milk and turmeric. Both the ingredients in this method are packed with key nutrients which will contribute cleansing your skin.
- Milk: 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric: 1 Tbsp.
Egg White :
- Take 1 Tbsp. each of milk and turmeric.
- Combine and mix these two ingredients thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture on to you upper lip slowly.
- Allow the mixture to dry and wash it off with cold water.
- Follow the steps regularly for the desired result.
The egg white contains both protein as well as collagen, both of which are beneficial for your skin.
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Flour
- Take 1 egg white and 1 Tbsp. each of corn flour and sugar.
- Mix the 3 ingredients together.
- Whisk it till the ingredients form a smooth paste.
- Evenly spread the paste over your upper lip.
- Wait for half an hour and then peel off.
- Repeat the process daily and enjoy the result.
Sugar and Lemon : This is a natural remedy which easily solves the problem of upper lip hair. Lemon works as an excellent bleach while sugar acts as an effective and gentle scrub.
Milk and Corn Flour :
- Extract the juice from 1 lemon.
- Add 1 Tbsp. of sugar to the extracted juice.
- Mix until the sugar is completely dissolved in the juice.
- Massage it on to your upper lip and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
With this remedy there will be no need to visit a beautician for the removal of upper lip hair.
- 2 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Flour
Honey and Lime Juice :
- Mix 2 Tbsp. of milk and 1 Tbsp. of corn flour.
- Mix the two ingredients well till it forms a paste.
- Apply the mixture to your upper lip.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then peel it off.
- Follow this process 3 times a week for the best results.
To dispel your worries about upper lip hair removal, the most effective remedy is honey and lime juice.
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- Mix 1 Tbsp. of honey and 2 Tbsp. of Lime juice properly.
- Spread the mixture on to your upper lip.
- Wait 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- Continue using this remedy for 4 consecutive days for the best results.
Many women witness their upper lip hair change from light to coarse and dark hair and this can be very unsettling. Due to the influence of hormones and heredity some women develop excessive facial hair. In some cases the growth of excessive facial hair also indicates to underlying issues such as:
This is a condition which is characterized by an overgrowth of facial hair, often on the chin and above the lip. In some women, the unwanted hair tends to grow and extend to other places as well. An elevation in the level of male androgen hormones, namely testosterone is the primary cause of hirsutism. Around 10% of women are affected by this condition. This condition tends to run in the family and also among women from certain ethnic groups who are more susceptible to it. Hormone therapy, Steroids, and other medication can help to treat this condition.
This is an inherited condition which as the name indicates is caused due to an excessive secretion of steroid hormones. These hormones are secreted from the adrenal glands, specifically cortisol and androgen. This condition also can lead to an overgrowth in upper lip hair.
This is condition is a common cause for excessive facial hair growth among women and it is also a relatively common disorder. The Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is caused due to hormonal imbalance which then leads to the development of ovarian cysts.
Though home remedies are the best and safest method to use, they might not work equally for all women. Some women have excessive facial hair growth and are required to resort to other methods. One of the common methods women use these days is laser hair removal for upper lip
. The popularity of laser hair removal for upper lip is owed to the precision and speed of this treatment. This method involves the use of highly concentrated beams which target the each hair follicle individually. Since this treatment is highly precise it is able to target each follicle and eliminate it from the root, which prevents the hair from growing back again. Since the upper lip is a relatively smaller area it only takes a minute to complete the treatment. The concentrated beams are able to target the hair follicles without damaging the skin surrounding the follicle. This is a pain free and reliable method for hair removal from the upper lip. To maintain the result, it is advised to go for touch up sessions every 6 months. Though it may seem expensive initially, in the long run it is more economical. With upper lip hair out of the way, you can go approach each social event more confidently. For unwanted facial hair, consult our dermatologist for laser hair reduction.
Read our blogs to learn more on facial hair reduction .
Tips for Upper Lip Hair Removal:
There are a few tips to keep in mind before removing your upper lips hair:
Don’t Overdo :
Make sure to not overdo the hair removal procedure.
Natural Remedy for Sensitive Skin :
Stick to natural remedies if you have sensitive skin.
Stick to Comfortable Method :
Stick to the same method of hair removal. Avoid any method that may cause irritation to your skin.
Consult a dermatologist in case of any discomfort .
With upper lip hair out of the way, you can go approach each social event more confidently.