Benefits & Facts About Sunscreen Protection
To protect your skin from harsh rays of the sun, applying sunscreen is vital. It should form a part of your daily skincare routine.
Getting tanned is always in trend, but little do we know that it can cause lot of damage to your skin. No doubt a tanned look always looks good, but sun tanning can cause long term skin problems.
That’s why using sunscreen to protect your self is always a great idea. Let’s understand some facts about sunscreen protection.
- Dermatologist around the world suggest to wear a sunscreen or sunblock to protect against UV-A and UV-B rays with an SPF. It is advisable to wear SPF of 15 or higher. If you are constantly exposed to UVB rays, it can lead to sunburn. UV-A rays can lead to sun spots and lead to premature aging. Kaya’s Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin provides effective protection against harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. This light weight, non-greasy formula hydrates the skin and spreads easily leaving a matte finish on the face. It is perfume free and clinically tested to be non-comedogenic. To know more: http://shop.kayaclinic.com/shop-online/sensitive-skin-sunscreen
- It is always assumed that people with light skin tone should use sunscreen. But irrespective of your skin tone you have to apply sunscreen. Your skin colour does not protect you from the damage caused by the harsh sun rays. Regardless of your race and your origin, your skin is subject to sun damage.
- Most of us think that application of sunscreen will create a barrier and your skin will not be able to absorb vitamin D. You can increase your vitamin D intake by eating eggs and fish. Even intake of milk helps to increase vitamin D in your body.
- Most of us do not apply sunscreen on dull and cloudy days. Even on cloudy days, sun’s rays can penetrate through the clouds. Also water and sand can reflect the UV rays and cause sunburn. Snow also reflects 80% of the sun’s ray. So if you are heading to a cold place, do apply sunscreen. Also if think that travelling by your private vehicle can help you avoid the sun, you are mistaken. Sun’s rays reflect on the windows of your car and can cause skin damage.
- Kids below 6 years should not be exposed to too much of sun. The reason is their skin is too sensitive plus sunscreen cannot be applied to them as the chemicals can cause skin issues. But kids above 6 years can apply sunscreen on daily basis.
- Most of us forget to re-apply sunscreen. Even if it is water-proof and sweat-proof, sunscreen needs to be re-applied in 2 hours. In fact it is important that you reapply it often if you swim or sweat a lot.
- Choosing the right sunscreen is important. Always choose sunscreen that gives you broad spectrum coverage and has an SPF of 15 and higher. Kaya’s Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen with SPF 30 not only protects your skin from harmful UV-A and UV-B rays, but also helps maintain essential hydration and nourishment for long. With Ultra Bootstar rating of 5, it offers the highest possible UV-A protection against tanning and ageing due to sun exposure. To know more: http://shop.kayaclinic.com/shop-online/daily-moisturizing-sunscreen-spf30