PRP Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
This is one of the safest and non-invasive US FDA approved services that stimulate collagen production, thereby reducing the appearance of fine lines, sagging skin and also rejuvenate skin making it look youthful. In this service, your body's own plasma that is rich in platelets is used to naturally rejuvenate the skin. The blood platelets release 'growth factors' which help stimulate collagen production, diminishing the effects of aging on your skin. This service is natural and with no downtime.
Natural Skin Rejuvenation with PRP
What is PRP?
How does PRP Rejuvenate the Skin?
How does PRP Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation Differ from Fillers or Other Injection?
- • Lines and skin folds are a common sight on the tired skin, especially around mouth area or plump lips. These are filled by the solid materials of Hyaluronic acid fillers, namely Restylane and Juvederm. These fillers can go on from 6-18 months and are to be redone after a certain period of time given by the doctor concerned.
- • PRP enables the collagen grown by the body and stimulates it to engineer total facial rejuvenation instead of focusing on one wrinkle at a time. It is also used to stabilize the faces which look tired, aids in filling up hollowed cheeks, skin tone improvisation, making the skin tight and smooth, and fill in the skin areas which the hyaluronic acid either cannot fill either due to lack of reach or reactionary issues.
- • PRP treatment for skin can be done in tandem with Hyaluronic fillers like Restylane and Juvederm. Theese are two kinds of treatments which complete each other in order to aid the patient in achieving a much younger face. What fillers cannot do is done by the PRP treatment, for e.g. Fillers helps in removing lines and folds and PRP focuses on volumizing the face and enhances the skin tone. PRP also improves the texture of the skin and makes it smooth
Precautions for PRP Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation
- • Patient’s faces are to be iced once the treatment is done to prevent any bruises or burns inflicted at the areas where the injections have been implemented
- • While any irritation or swelling is only temporary, icing helps in reducing the chances of such events
- • Those who have sensitive skin should have a session with the doctors to iron out any side effects before, during or after the treatment
- • Sensitive or not, PRP treatment involves micro-needling procedures which can inflict swelling and may even cause infection. Hence, it is necessary to have ample breaks between the treatments to give sufficient self-healing time to skin
- • Avoid taking any other pills/drugs without prescription for atleast 7-20 days post treatment and always keep your doctor informed about it
- • Avoid doing any heavy work either at work or at home. It would be best to take a day off for a couple of days post treatment is done
PRP Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Procedure
- • Blood is taken (just like any other blood test), and then spun in a centrifuge machine for around 8-10 minutes
- • The whole procedure gets over in 20 minutes.
- • The amount of blood taken from the body can be from 10ml to 30ml, based on the number of targeted areas to be treated.
- • During the centrifugation process, the cells are separated the top layer of blood, fibrin, is extracted along with the rich platelets and re-injected into the targeted area.
Expectations after PRP Treatment Procedure
Bit Swelling :One might face a bit of swelling on the treated area with a bit of redness. Swelling will occur for sure as the treatment involves reinjection of fluids.
Temporary Bruises :Be prepared for bruises at the targeted areas but it will go away in a few days
No Infectious Side Effects :There won’t be any infectious side effects as platelets are made from the patient’s body cells
Advised to Avoid Heavy Work Load :One would be able to do the daily chorus, at work or home in a day or two. However, try to avoid any heavy work load for a couple of days
Advised to Keep the Skin Hydrated :use ample moisturizers to protect your skin for long
Results for PRP Skin Treatment
Benefits of PRP Skin Rejuvenation Treatment
Non-Invasive :PRP is a non-surgical process. The platelet-rich plasma extracted from the patient’s blood sample is simply injected into the area to be treated with a small needle.
Quick :Since it’s a non-invasive process, PRP treatments can sometimes take, as less as 30 minutes. Once the platelet-rich plasma is activated, it mimics an injury response in the body. Healing and growth factors work to remodel the epidermis and enhance the texture and appearance of the skin. As the body begins to produce natural collagen in the affected area, results are noticed within the first few weeks following the first treatment, and the skin’s appearance continues to improve over time.
Long Lasting :The process is quick, but the result is just the opposite. For optimal results, three or four treatments may be recommended, after which the benefits will continue to be visible for up to 18 months or more.
All Natural :Your body naturally produces the ingredients necessary to rejuvenate your skin. Every treatment is formulated using blood from the patient’s own body. This means there is no chance of allergic reaction, infection, or rejection of the treatment– the same can’t be said of synthetic fillers.