6 completely natural ways to cure acute melasma
What is melasma?
Melasma is a skin disorder where your skin becomes brown and patchy. It most commonly appears on your cheeks, bridge of your nose, forehead, chin, or above your upper lip. It may also appear on the other parts of your body that are exposed to sunlight. Melasma is more prevalent in women than in men.
Tips for melasma control
Below are a few tips you can follow if you’re already infected with melasma:
- Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before stepping out.
- Wear full sleeved tops and pants. Also, consider wearing a hat.
- You could try to apply two layers of SPF infused sunscreen. Apply a layer of SPF 15 and SPF 30 for double protection.
- If stress and hormonal imbalance are the reason behind melasma, try to make time for activities that help you relax, like walking or yoga.
- Use skin lightening lotions that contain Kojic acid or melaplex. These ingredients slow down the production of skin darkening and make it difficult for melasma to set in.
- Chemical peels are also a great way of lightening melasma. Thanks to the glycolic acid that’s available in a chemical peel, the first layer of skin that contains melasma will be peeled off.
- Another option is laser treatments. However, if you decide to opt for one, go for a restorative or fractional dual laser. These lasers only target pigmentation that’s on the surface of the skin.
Tips for melasma treatment at home
If you’re not okay with chemicals, then you can always go for natural treatment for melasma. Below are few common ways to do so.
- Turmeric Turmeric contains curcumin, a strong antioxidant that results in lighter skin. Using a 1:2 ratio, mix milk with turmeric powder and apply the mixture on the affected areas. Let the pack dry completely and then rinse it with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure every day for best results.
- Lemon Lemon is one of the most popular natural remedies for skin related disorders. Lemon is also known as a natural bleaching agent. All you have to do is apply lemon juice on the affected areas and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this twice a day and you will see a noticeable difference in 3 weeks.
- Papaya Both raw and ripe papaya are used for curing various skin disorders. Papain, present in papayas, causes them to be the best home remedy for melasma. Mash a few pieces of papaya and mix it with honey. Apply the paste on affected areas and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash this pack off after 20 minutes. Do this once a week and for about 2-3 months.
- Aloe vera Aloe vera is an ingredient used in many face related products. It’s always best to use fresh aloe vera. Apply the gel, fresh off the plant, twice a day and massage your face for roughly two minutes. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water.
- Onion There are a lot of home remedies for melisma, and onion juice is one of the best amongst them. Because onion contains sulfoxides and cepaenes, it helps in getting rid of melasma while also removing the blemishes. Mash the onion and mix it with apple cider vinegar, use a cotton ball and dab it all over the affected areas. After about 20 minutes, wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this twice a day for better results.
- Cucumber Cucumber is another home remedy that can be used for removal of pigmentation. Because cucumber is high in water content it lightens the pigmented skin. You simply have to grate the cucumber and apply it on affected areas. Wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes. Repeat this process once every day for best results.
Kaya’s treatment for melasma
Kaya products are natural and reliable. Below are few things you can do with Kaya’s products to help treat melasma:
- Kaya’s Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen: Use Kaya’s Daily Moisturizing sunscreen before you step out. It contains SPF 30 that has both UVB and UVA protection. This lotion is grease free and absorbs into your skin well. Kaya’s Daily Moisturizing Sunscreen is suitable for all skin types and can be used every day.
- Kaya’s Youth Protect Sunscreen: Kaya’s Youth Protect Sunscreen comes with SPF 50 and ensures highest UVB and UVA protection. This product is PABA free, non-greasy, and suitable for all skin types.
- Kaya’s Pigmentation Reducing Complex: This cream reduces pigmentation marks and spots from your skin. It contains Azeloyl Diglycinate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate and Trimethyl Phenyl Silsesquioxane that prevents further darkening of the skin. The lotion absorbs really well into the skin and can be used for all skin types.
- Kaya’s Intense Clarity Peel: This is a unique peel that combines derma peels and botanical actives. These peels will naturally reduce the pigmentation and lighten the skin. It’s suitable for all skin types and you’ll see visible results in about 6 sessions.
- Kaya’s Insta Clarity Laser: This is Kaya’s latest technology that aims to reduce your pigmentation spots and marks. Kaya uses a Q-Switched laser that considered very safe for Indian skin. It’s an invisible beam that targets brown marks on the skin. The best part is you can return to your daily activities without any hassle. It’ll take about 6-8 sessions to see results.
For melasma, there are both, scientific and natural procedures that can be used for treatment. Kaya is a combination of both, offering scientifically proven products rooted in natural formulae to revive and rejuvenate your skin.