Tips on Hydration for Skin in Summer | KAYA
Do you suffer from dry, itchy skin that just can't seem to get a moisturised glow? Well with this blog you’re in for a secret, for we’re not gatekeeping no more.
Hot summer days call for a lot of hydration- but hydration is required not just by our body but also our skin. Hydration is the way to go when you’re looking to keep skin healthy. It is THE most recommended skin care regime as water revitalises our body and skin. Recognizing the importance of hydration is an absolute gamechanger.
Most common skin problems can be resolved by providing hydration for skin. Read on to understand why getting ample hydration is important and how it can do wonders for your skin.
Importance of Hydration
Is ageing and losing your flawless toned skin a nightmare to you? Dehydrated skin is more prone to getting wrinkles and falling victim to premature ageing. The right amount of hydration smoothes out facial creases and makes skin look more plump. The importance of moisturising skin becomes evident when we aim at looking youthful.
Improves Skin Health
Our bodies are equipped with the capability to rejuvenate itself and flush out toxins. Dehydrated skin is prone to severe skin conditions like inflammation, acne and infections. It's essential that the skin gets rid of post-metabolism residues which can be achieved with hydration.
Improves Skin Elasticity
Skin Elasticity is a natural property of the skin being able to retain its form. If you pull your skin, it stretches but also snaps back to its original state. Over time and some external factors, skin may lose this ability and end up looking saggy, dry and wrinkly. Hydrating will not only keep skin healthy but also make it look more plump and supple.
Maintains Oil Levels
As skin gets dehydrated, it triggers a natural defence of producing more oil in glands to compensate for the lack of moisture. Increased oiliness makes the skin appear dull and can cause acne. Proper amount of hydration combats such a skin condition making it feel more healthy.
Makes skin more resilient
Skin that is hydrated adequately not only looks attractive but can fight against environmental aggressors. Healthy skin is resilient to pollutants, germs and UV radiation that we face very regularly. Adequate hydration for skin is hence important for promoting skin’s quality.
Tips for Hydration
It's now safe to say that hydration unleashes the way to beauty, let’s now understand how to get those body hydration levels just right. Here are a few tips that will help you get started on the journey of getting happy breathable skin.
Kaya offers a large range of skin care products like moisturisers, eye creams and sunscreens to suit all your skin care requirements.
- Drink enough water. It’s been going around for ages but we still had to put stress on how essential getting those 3 litres of water everyday is.
- Use moisturisers containing hydrating ingredients. It's advised to moisturise your skin at least twice a day for optimal results.
- Do not shower in extremely hot water. It strips your skin off of the moisture and ends up making it dehydrated. We suggest only using lukewarm water for your showers.
- Getting the right nutrition is equally essential for getting healthy, plump skin. Foods that contain high water content are good for hydration.
- Avoid smoking and consuming a lot of alcohol. It not only affects your health but also impacts your appearance.
- Make sure to wear sunscreen containing enough SPF for when you are out in the sun. UV exposure leads to dry flaky skin.
We hope that all you lovely readers are going to remember to get that extra glass of water in your diet and look absolutely stunning. Hydrating your skin is a tried and tested way to get radiant flawless skin. Use these tips for hydrated skin and we assure that you’d be the prettiest one at the party.